Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How To Buy My FRESH Coffee...

I have had a few questions about how a person can buy the coffee that I roast.  So I thought that I had better explain.

First, I will not sell more coffee to you than what you actually think you will use in 14 days.  The reason for this is simple - fresh coffee is the goal.  If I were to sell you a month's worth of coffee, this would be good for my cash-flow as a budding business but selling bulk like that ensures that my coffee would be stale at some point when you consume it.  Coffee (as the Brits put it) "goes off" in just 14 days.  I believe that if you were to taste my coffee stale you would think to yourself, "Huh, this coffee does not taste any better than the stuff that I buy at the store."  So by limiting the quantity that I will sell to you at one time I hope that you will never have a stale cup of coffee from Anchor Bay Roasts.

Second, Anchor Bay Roasts is governed by what is called the Cottage Food Law of 2010.  The law states that I may not sell my coffee online or through a distributor of any kind.  The idea is that the end consumer of the coffee must have a direct line of contact to me in case there is ever any complaint.  I have written more about this on the website so please go there if you desire more info.

In the end, I may indeed be shooting myself in the foot by not selling large quantities of coffee to the people who request it but one of my core values is to make sure that every cup of coffee that you get from me is fresh.  Because really, if all you want is the standard stale cup of coffee you can just pick some up at your local grocery store and save yourself some time and money.

No comments: