Sunday, January 11, 2009

Anchor Bay Roasts roast

As this blog is titled "ANCHOR BAY ROASTS" (meaning coffee roasts) I never thought that I would ever be writing about Pot Roasts. However, today is the day that I cross-over for a moment and tell you how a bovinian delectablity is actually meaningful to coffee - and thus this blog.

Today my wife made a roast in the Crock Pot and used a cup of strong brewed coffee as a base to cook it in. It was delicious. It did not taste of coffee as strongly as I would have liked but it was still very flavorful.

I have read articles about cooking beef in distilled spirits (whiskey, vodka, rum etc.) and while it sounds yummy who wants to spend $30 on a bottle of liquor just to dump it on a pot-roast? For my budget, I'll just stick with coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, never thought of coffee and pot roasts. My husband would probably love this.