Friday, November 7, 2008

Sumatra - Mandehling Gr. 1 - 3

Indonesia

The aroma of this Sumatran Mandehling is quite simply exquisite. All I did was ground it and my wife walked out of the bedroom and commented how good it smelled. There is certainly a pleasure in the aroma - even before brewing.

I roasted these beans to City and I ground 6 cups of them at a coarse 13 with the burr grinder (heh, heh, the new grinder has settings like that). This is a very good cup of coffee. The brew possesses an excellent full-bodied buttery mouth feel and the flavor is classical and earthy. There is also a slight spicy note but that is only noticeable upon close inspection of the flavors.

1 comment:

J Rock said...

This is a wonderful cup to have a piece of milk chocolate with. I ate a Hersey's and drank a little Mandehling with it. A very nice experience indeed.