Friday, November 28, 2008

Blend #2

I have now made my second blend. It was nothing spectacular but still, it was not too bad.

THE BLEND...
THE ROAST...

I roasted these beans through the First Crack and when ground they were an even cinnamon color.

THE FLAVOR...

This blends is mellow and rich with a twinge of sweet that is likely derived from the Harar Horse's dominant floral quality. The rich base likely comes from the Mysore Nugget but seems to have been retarded by the infusion of the Flores Bajawa. I tend to believe that just as the Nugget brought the quality of the Bajawa up, the plainess of the Bajawa brought the quality of the Nugget down.

THE VERDICT...

I am not dissapointed with this blend but I do think that the Harar Horse is too dominating - even at 23%. The Horse seems to be a good sorce to give sweetness to a coffee but according to my taste it has to be used sparingly because it seems to easily steal the show.

No comments: