Saturday, August 2, 2008

McDonald's Coffee

Uh oh, I think I really am becoming a coffee snob. I just had a cup of McDonald's coffee and I was quite disappointed with it. I used to like the stuff, in fact I was quite impressed with it when it was first introduced in the market. However, today's cup had no body and the strong flavor came only from the roast itself. It tasted like it was burned, not quite charcoal, but burned.

I used to be happy with coffee, any coffee, the good, the bad, the ugly. Now I actually taste it and know the difference between a good brew and a brew that is not so good. I think I liked it better being ignorant but alas I know that I will never go back. I am sure that a snob I will forever be. Ah well, I guess there are worse things to be snobbish about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do admit that being pregnant changes my taste for some things, but after having a few sips here and there of the coffees you have been roasting, even I said "yuck!" when presented with Maxwell House the other day. And I used to crave that stuff when I was pregnant with Evan!