Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Antigua Pastoral

Guatemala

The Antigua Pastoral is a bust. I think I made it too weak. I usually make coffee 2oz. to a 12 cup pot but I made this one at 1 oz. to a 6 cup pot and I think it was too weak. It smelled good but also too weak.

This Guatemalian is said to have a "big" chocolate taste although I did not notice it to be that big. The body was too thin and drank more like a watery tea than a full-bodied coffee. I was disappointed but again, I think I made it wrong.

I will brew this coffee again and add my updates in the comments.

From 1 to 10 I rate this coffee a 4.

1 comment:

J Rock said...

I just roasted 3oz. of the Pastoral to Full-City+ and made a 12 cup pot. This made a very good cup indeed. Although any chocolate flavor was masked by the roast itself the flavor and the body was very pleasing - it was on par with a cup of Tim Horton's coffee which I like very much. still rate this coffee a 4 out of 10 but it was much better than the first batch that I botched.