Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Espresso Coffee - Flores Bajawa


This is the Primula Aluminum Espresso Coffee Maker

I often tell people that coffee is an "acquired taste" and people agree - especially those people who do not like coffee. But now I think the most honest statement is that "coffee is an acquired taste and espresso is at best tolerated."

Wow! Espresso coffee is coffee times 10. I've been using 2 oz. of grounds for a 12 cup pot but with the espresso maker I use 1 oz. of grounds for just one cup of coffee. It is not so much the caffeine jolt but the flavor is potent. I wish I could say that it tastes good but all I can taste is dark-roast. There seems to be no flavor from the bean at all. I am sure this is by design but I am still going to try the various coffee beans as espresso just to see if there is any difference between them.

I made my first cup of espresso with the Flores Bajawa. As I said I could taste nothing but very strong espresso roasted coffee. Since I do not know what "good" versus "bad" espresso tastes like I am going to rate this first brew a 5 out of 10 just to give me a base line to start from.

NOTE - I have since rescinded this rating of 5 to a rating of 3 because as I learned what to expect, I learned that this espresso was just too bitter to be considered good.

No comments: