Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kimel Peaberry

Papua New Guinea

This is a complete and unexpected surprise. I do not know if this is what I was to expect from a Peaberry (sort of like the hoppy flavor is expected of an IPA in the world of beers) but this almost tastes like something other than coffee. It is nothing if it is not a new experience.

The Kimel Peabery possesses a sort of spiciness which is a strong attribute in this coffee. One person describes this as the slight flavor of thyme which resonates as true with me. I also sense a fine buttery flavor and feel as well.

I roasted 2 oz. of this bean to a lighter City roast and ground it mediumly for a 12 cup pot. The brew was a perfect cinnamon brown with no hint of emerald around its edge. It had a unique aroma, from bean to brew, which should have tipped me off to what was in store but not many beans actually taste like they smell.

This Papau New Guinea (PNG) Kimel Peaberry is quite extraordinary and quite a pleasurable experience. I do believe that this is one of those coffees that can be used as a tool to aid in personal times of devotion and worship.


From 1 to 10 I rate this coffee a 9.

No comments: