Friday, July 11, 2008

How I Rate Coffees - From 1 to 10

I suppose that I should explain the rating system that I have developed for the coffees that I sample.

What I do is very simple. From 1 to 10 I break the numbers down into three parts: 1-4, 5, & 6-10. 1-4 is a rating that I have no interest to purchase again 1 being something that makes me gag and 4 at the tolerable/decent level. 5 is the breaking point that shows that I thought the coffee was good enough to purchase again but necessarily right now. 6-10 are the levels of true love. If I rate something a 6 that would indicate the infatuation of a budding relationship and if I ever rate something a 10 it would indicate an all out love affair.

Well, there you have it. My rating system might not be very sophisticated but it is certainly functional.

No comments: