Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kigoma Peaberry

Tanzania

My wife suggested that I roast this batch well past the second crack but just before charcoal. She said that the peaberry always seem to have a green taste and she wanted to know if French roasting the beans would knock the green out of it. It did -and how.

This roast was so good that I thought I had a professional roaster make these beans. The only thing missing was the snobbish barista, the calming brown colors, and the college beatnik sitting in the corner trying to look cool with his Oxford Dictionary of Modern Poetry. Had Little Orphan Annie's Daddy WarBucks tasted this brew he would have commissioned me to full-time employment in the making of coffee beans.

This bean makes roasting easy and encourages the lowly roaster to have great aspirations of hope among a world that is too easily tricked into drinking bad coffee because of the cream, sugar, and flavors galore.

If I were in the business of roasting beans, I would sell this coffee at a premium - and you would buy it.

No comments: