Friday, June 27, 2008

Finca San Jose

Nicaragua / Coasta Rica

The San Jose is now the second coffee bean that I have been roasting. This bean seems to me to be less finicky about roasting (or perhaps I am getting a little better at it?) and I think that it tastes the best when it is roasted to a little less than Full-City but a little more than pure Cinnamon.

This coffee has a red-wine attribute that comes to the forefront of your taste buds as it has cooled a bit in the cup and is at that perfect drinking temperature of "less than hot" but cannot yet be considered "cold". It is noted for its flowery, winey, and earthy attributes but also has a touch of chocolaty and nutty qualities as well.

I like this coffee enough to have given it to friends as a gift. I would buy this bean again but I did not "love" it enough to make that purchase now. From 1 to 10 I rate this coffee a 5.

No comments: