Thursday, October 30, 2008

Burr Mill Grinder

I am as giddy as a school-girl at her senior prom! I finally got a Burr grinder and ever since I have been learning about coffee everything that I read states that it improves the flavor of coffee. This unit is as pictured but it was refurbished and only cost $19.99 plus shipping. That is a lot less costly than new and I will get the experience of it before it dies on me in a year or two.

The burr made its maiden voyage by grinding the Pastoral Gold blend that I had roasted yesterday. While the grounds were indeed uniformly ground and they smelled great the coffee did not taste any better than they did yesterday - in fact they tasted worse as the bitterness that I noted in them came out in full force. I will have to write an addendum when I finally ground a good bean.

1 comment:

michael g. said...

Refurbed for only 19.99!!! What please do tell! I am a coffee snob (and have started a Facebook group coffee snob) and posted a link to your page. Please give me the hookup on the cheap burr grinder! I dont have one yet!